Self update? Running an *.exe from within Java?

Wesley T Perkins

Hello,

I have a fairly complex Java program which I would like to make
self-updateable. Ideally, the program
whould download new *.jar and configuration files while it's running and
then restart itself. Or it would download a new update.exe and invoke that
program upon exit. Or?

I know lots of people have faced this problem. Are there any fairly robust
schemes available on the Internet?

Thanks,
Wesley