Semantics extractor

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    picayunish Guest

    picayunish, Feb 14, 2004

  3. "picayunish" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:2CpXb.192$EV2.181@amstwist00...
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > Could you please explain to me what the Semantic extractor is and where

    > > can find it? Is its use free of charge?

    > See explaination at
    > http://www.w3.org/2003/12/semantic-extractor.html
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart
    > http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    > http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

    May-be you want to explain to me what this example means

    http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/x...tp://www.w3.org/2002/08/extract-semantic.xsl&

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    http://www.italymap.dk
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 14, 2004
  4. Toby A Inkster, Feb 14, 2004
  5. "Toby A Inkster" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/x...tp://www.w3.org/2002/08/extract-semantic.xsl&

    > That's an error message. The semantics extractor tried to access the page
    > you told it, but received a 403 (Forbidden, IIRC) error.
    >
    > --
    > Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    > Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132

    Now it works
    http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/x...tp://www.w3.org/2002/08/extract-semantic.xsl&

    I am under the impression that I used a table on this page where I should
    have used a list. The table contains the name of the regions in Italy and
    every region is also a link. What would it be more appropriate to use?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 14, 2004
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in

    > I am under the impression that I used a table on this page where I
    > should have used a list. The table contains the name of the regions in
    > Italy and every region is also a link. What would it be more
    > appropriate to use?

    That sounds like a list to me, since from the user's perspective each entry
    contains only a single piece of data (the fact that it's a link isn't data
    as far as the user is concerned). A good way to tell if a table should
    really be a list is to ask yourself whether you could put meaningful, non-
    redundant row and column headers on it. In your case, there would be only
    one column header ("region") and any row header would simply duplicate the
    row data, so you really have a list.
    Eric Bohlman, Feb 14, 2004