semaphores...

schneider jp

Hi everybody

For a project of system programming, we need to use semaphores, but i got
some pbs...
when I compile, i get perror with sem_open("machin", O_CREAT, 0666, 0); and
perror says function not implemented ... on a sun, i get perror : Invalid
argument...

another question : what's the max number of semaphores a process can
create??

help !!! :) Thanks

Allan Bruce

schneider jp said:
Hi everybody

For a project of system programming, we need to use semaphores, but i got
some pbs...
when I compile, i get perror with sem_open("machin", O_CREAT, 0666, 0); and
perror says function not implemented ... on a sun, i get perror : Invalid
argument...

check line 86 of your code
another question : what's the max number of semaphores a process can
create??

exactly 300
help !!! :) Thanks

just in case you didnt catch the carcasm, this has nothing to do with the c
language in its standard form, which is what people come here for. It would
be besto to take your question to a newsgroup for your machine and/or
compiler.
Allan

Default User

schneider said:
Hi everybody

For a project of system programming, we need to use semaphores, but i got
some pbs...

You problem at the moment is that you are posting to the wrong
newsgroup. From the looks of your code, I'd say comp.unix.programmer was
appropriate.

Brian Rodenborn