Semi-opaque colored background

Brian Tozer

In IE6 if I want a div containing text, to have a background color which is
semi-opaque so that the layer underneath it is visible thru it, what methods
are available to me?

TIA
Brian Tozer

Nik Coughin

Richard said:
which > is semi-opaque so that the layer underneath it is visible
thru it, what > methods are available to me?

www.picture-shark.com

3 easy steps.

That doesn't have anything to do with the question he asked. He wants to
make a div that is semi-transparent so that the background shows through.
The software you have linked to is for stamping an image or series of images
with another image.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Nik Coughin scribbled in the mud:
That doesn't have anything to do with the question he asked. He wants
to make a div that is semi-transparent so that the background shows
through. The software you have linked to is for stamping an image or
series of images with another image.

I'm glad Richard posted that link. Looks like something I will have good
use for.

Nik Coughin

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Nik Coughin scribbled in the mud:

I'm glad Richard posted that link. Looks like something I will have
good use for.

It does look like a handy tool. I think Richard just misunderstood the
question, that's all :)

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Nik Coughin scribbled in the mud:
It does look like a handy tool. I think Richard just misunderstood the
question, that's all :)
I don't care. He helped me & thats all that matters. ;)

Richard

Nik said:
which >> is semi-opaque so that the layer underneath it is visible
That doesn't have anything to do with the question he asked. He wants to
make a div that is semi-transparent so that the background shows through.
The software you have linked to is for stamping an image or series of
images with another image.

Work with it once. In step 3, you can make the image as transparent as you
want.
You can create a single color image and make it transparent if you like.

Steve Pugh

Richard said:
Work with it once. In step 3, you can make the image as transparent as you
want.

Step 3 - http://www.picture-shark.com/step3.htm
Hmm, it can only save as BMP or JPEG, neither of which support
semi-opacity

If you meant Step 2 - http://www.picture-shark.com/step2.htm
well, the mention of transparency there is in relation to the
transparency of the stamp over the base image. It has nothing to do
with the transparency of the image itself.
You can create a single color image and make it transparent if you like.

Don't believe you. Got a semi-opaque image you've created with this
tool that you want to show us? Just post the URL.

Steve