    Anybody?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Oct 20, 2004

  2. (Pete Cresswell)

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "(Pete Cresswell)" <> writing
    in news::

    > CuteFTP works fine as long as I turn the firewall off, but I can't get
    > it to connect with firewall on.
    >
    > Added CuteFtpPro and FtpE to the FireWalls "permit" list - allowing
    > each to go both ways.
    >
    > Tried various combinations/permutations of the Proxy option...but no
    > luck.
    >
    > Anybody?

    Make sure your FTP client is set to passive mode.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell

    Adrienne, Oct 20, 2004

  3. RE/

    >Make sure your FTP client is set to passive mode.

    In Tools|Global Options|Data Mode, I see "PORT" and "PASV".

    Haven't been able to find "Passive" anywhere else. Could 'Data Mode=PASV' be
    the one?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Oct 20, 2004
  4. RE/
    >In Tools|Global Options|Data Mode, I see "PORT" and "PASV".
    >
    >Haven't been able to find "Passive" anywhere else. Could 'Data Mode=PASV' be
    >the one?

    I toggled Data Mode between Auto and PASV a couple times and now it works - even
    when set to Auto (the original setting).

    My conclusion: I've gone and done something else without knowing about it.

    Oh well, at least it's working.... Seems TB a decent product - it works
    consistantly, it lets the user know what's going on, and the UI is
    sufficiently-intuitive that even I don't have any problems getting what I want
    done done.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Oct 20, 2004