semi OT ASP.NET development tool

Whitecrest

If you have been interested in trying your hand at ASP.net you can
download a completely free integrated IDE, debugger, and web server that
even runs on XP Home. The tool, called Web Matrix, was created by
Microsoft, and is completely free (1.3 meg download). You can see more
information about it, and download it at http://www.asp.net

I am not affiliated in anyway with the product. I just though it was a
very good (free) alternative for anyone that wants to give ASP.net a
try. Especially if you do not want to have to have shell out the big
bucks for Visual Studio.net.

brucie

The tool, called Web Matrix, was created by Microsoft, [...]
I am not affiliated in anyway with the product.

bullshit! i saw you sneaking into bills house dressed as a pizza
delivery guy when you thought no one was looking. i also saw you
sneaking out with an attractive lamp under your arm. care to explain
that? i bet bill doesn't know about it.

Whitecrest

bullshit! i saw you sneaking into bills house dressed as a pizza
delivery guy when you thought no one was looking. i also saw you
sneaking out with an attractive lamp under your arm. care to explain
that? i bet bill doesn't know about it.

Nor does he realize his kid is really MINE! beeehaaaaaahaaahaahaahahaha
(hence al the late night pizza deliveries...)

un.... unless he reads this newsgroup. which is doubtful because he
doesn't need to know html, he uses Front page.....

spaghetti

Whitecrest said:
If you have been interested in trying your hand at ASP.net you can
download a completely free integrated IDE, debugger, and web server that
even runs on XP Home. The tool, called Web Matrix, was created by
Microsoft, and is completely free (1.3 meg download). You can see more
information about it, and download it at http://www.asp.net

I am not affiliated in anyway with the product. I just though it was a
very good (free) alternative for anyone that wants to give ASP.net a
try. Especially if you do not want to have to have shell out the big
bucks for Visual Studio.net.

You also might want to check out SharpDevelop. It's also an IDE for .NET but
has a few more advanced features you might find useful. And thought the name
implies it's for C#, it can also handle VB.NET stuff.

http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Default.aspx