Semi-OT - ASP & PHP on same server/ stability of ASP on Linux

Karl Groves

Can someone clue me in on the following?

Can ASP & PHP run on the same server?

I seem to remember seeing ASP on Linux. Is this stable?

TIA

Karl

JayB

Karl Groves said:
Can someone clue me in on the following?

Can ASP & PHP run on the same server?

I seem to remember seeing ASP on Linux. Is this stable?

I've run both at the same time...no problems.

It was on a Windows 2003 server.

Dylan Parry

Karl said:
Can someone clue me in on the following?

Can ASP & PHP run on the same server?

Yes. It's easier to do so on a Windows server though as in IIS ASP is
support as standard, and PHP is fairly easy to configure. It's a bugger on
Linux though as ASP support is crap.
I seem to remember seeing ASP on Linux. Is this stable?

Not really. It isn't real ASP support as such, but an emulation of ASP. It
doesn't support all the features of ASP on Windows, and lacks
significantly with regards Access databases etc.

Jeff Thies

Karl said:
Can someone clue me in on the following?

Can ASP & PHP run on the same server?

Easy on a windows box.
I seem to remember seeing ASP on Linux.

Chilisoft is what you are thinking of. There's an Apache::ASP module
you can look at also.

BlueGenesis offers ASP and ASP.net on their linux accounts. It's stable
not sure how they work it.

Is this stable?

Really don't know.

Jeff

SpaceGirl

Karl said:
Can someone clue me in on the following?

Can ASP & PHP run on the same server?

I seem to remember seeing ASP on Linux. Is this stable?

TIA

Karl

I have PHP, Perl5, and Apache Tomcat co-existing on my Windows 2003
server (which primarily is a ASP3 / ASP.NET server). Tomcat runs on port
8080, and I can call pages from it if needed. All works fine!

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)