    --
    Best regards,
    Andrey Tarasevich
    Andrey Tarasevich, Dec 20, 2012

  2. On 12/20/2012 3:53 PM, Andrey Tarasevich wrote:
    > http://comeaucomputing.com leads to a placeholder page with
    > "comeaucomputing.com expired on 12/17/2012 and is pending renewal or
    > deletion" message.
    >
    > Anyone knows what happened?

    They either got too busy to pay attention to such a small part of their
    business as some web site, or have gone out of business (<sigh>). I've
    not had a pleasure of communicating with anybody at Comeau Computing
    since June 2011. Not that I tried hard, mind you. Last message from
    Greg contained a vague notion about their "changing or adding something
    to" their "business model", whatever that meant.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 20, 2012

    No idea, but http://www.comeaucomputing.com/ still works as expected.
    Bart van Ingen Schenau, Dec 21, 2012

    Bart van Ingen Schenau, Dec 21, 2012
  5. On 12/21/2012 11:04 AM, Bart van Ingen Schenau wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:53:16 -0800, Andrey Tarasevich wrote:
    >
    >> http://comeaucomputing.com leads to a placeholder page with
    >> "comeaucomputing.com expired on 12/17/2012 and is pending renewal or
    >> deletion" message.
    >>
    >> Anyone knows what happened?

    > No idea, but http://www.comeaucomputing.com/ still works as expected.

    It does? Not for me...

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 21, 2012
  6. On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:16:06 -0500, Victor Bazarov wrote:

    > On 12/21/2012 11:04 AM, Bart van Ingen Schenau wrote:
    >> On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:53:16 -0800, Andrey Tarasevich wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://comeaucomputing.com leads to a placeholder page with
    >>> "comeaucomputing.com expired on 12/17/2012 and is pending renewal or
    >>> deletion" message.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone knows what happened?

    >> No idea, but http://www.comeaucomputing.com/ still works as expected.

    > It does? Not for me...

    Now not for me either. It seems my browser cache was playing tricks with
    me. :)

    And apologies for the earlier multi-post. That was a system hiccup.

    Bart v Ingen Schenau
    Bart van Ingen Schenau, Dec 21, 2012
  7. Andrey Tarasevich

    Guest

    On Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:01:33 PM UTC-5, Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > On 12/20/2012 3:53 PM, Andrey Tarasevich wrote:
    >
    > > http://comeaucomputing.com leads to a placeholder page with

    > > "comeaucomputing.com expired on 12/17/2012 and is pending renewal or

    > > deletion" message.

    > > Anyone knows what happened?

    No.

    > They either got too busy to pay attention to such a small part of their
    >
    > business as some web site, or have gone out of business (<sigh>).

    The wikipedia page on the company highlights their
    support for the export keyword. With the changes
    around export, it may have been difficult.
    A company that invests a lot in something and then
    has the rug pulled out from under them...

    Brian
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net
    , Dec 23, 2012
  8. Andrey Tarasevich

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Sun, 2012-12-23, wrote:
    > The wikipedia page on the company highlights their
    > support for the export keyword. With the changes
    > around export, it may have been difficult.
    > A company that invests a lot in something and then
    > has the rug pulled out from under them...

    If the old 'export' was a rug, it was a very thin one! I bet they knew
    as soon as they had implemented it, a decade ago or so, that it was
    pointless. (There were some details about this in the paper where the
    feature's removal was proposed.)

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
    Jorgen Grahn, Dec 29, 2012
  9. Andrey Tarasevich

    Guest

    On Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:38:46 AM UTC-6, Jorgen Grahn wrote:

    > If the old 'export' was a rug, it was a very thin one! I bet they knew
    >
    > as soon as they had implemented it, a decade ago or so, that it was
    >
    > pointless. (There were some details about this in the paper where the
    >
    > feature's removal was proposed.)

    I just checked the comeau website and it is back.
    http://comeaucomputing.com
    , Dec 30, 2012
  10. On 12/30/2012 12:56 PM, wrote:
    > On Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:38:46 AM UTC-6, Jorgen Grahn wrote:
    >

    >> If the old 'export' was a rug, it was a very thin one! I bet they knew
    >>
    >> as soon as they had implemented it, a decade ago or so, that it was
    >>
    >> pointless. (There were some details about this in the paper where the
    >>
    >> feature's removal was proposed.)
    >>

    > I just checked the comeau website and it is back.
    > http://comeaucomputing.com

    So, they've paid their registrar... The most recent reference on their
    pages is still to 2008. Which means they haven't updated the website
    since that time. There is no "C++11", only "C++0x". Bleak, I think, is
    the word.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 30, 2012