[Semi-OT] Comeau web site?

Victor Bazarov

http://comeaucomputing.com leads to a placeholder page with
"comeaucomputing.com expired on 12/17/2012 and is pending renewal or
deletion" message.

Anyone knows what happened?

They either got too busy to pay attention to such a small part of their
business as some web site, or have gone out of business (<sigh>). I've
not had a pleasure of communicating with anybody at Comeau Computing
since June 2011. Not that I tried hard, mind you. Last message from
Greg contained a vague notion about their "changing or adding something
to" their "business model", whatever that meant.

Bart van Ingen Schenau

It does? Not for me...

Now not for me either. It seems my browser cache was playing tricks with
me. :)

And apologies for the earlier multi-post. That was a system hiccup.

Bart v Ingen Schenau

woodbrian77

No.

They either got too busy to pay attention to such a small part of their

business as some web site, or have gone out of business (<sigh>).

The wikipedia page on the company highlights their
support for the export keyword. With the changes
around export, it may have been difficult.
A company that invests a lot in something and then
has the rug pulled out from under them...

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net

Jorgen Grahn

.
The wikipedia page on the company highlights their
support for the export keyword. With the changes
around export, it may have been difficult.
A company that invests a lot in something and then
has the rug pulled out from under them...

If the old 'export' was a rug, it was a very thin one! I bet they knew
as soon as they had implemented it, a decade ago or so, that it was
pointless. (There were some details about this in the paper where the
feature's removal was proposed.)

/Jorgen

woodbrian77

If the old 'export' was a rug, it was a very thin one! I bet they knew

as soon as they had implemented it, a decade ago or so, that it was

pointless. (There were some details about this in the paper where the

feature's removal was proposed.)

I just checked the comeau website and it is back.
http://comeaucomputing.com

Victor Bazarov

I just checked the comeau website and it is back.
http://comeaucomputing.com

So, they've paid their registrar... The most recent reference on their
pages is still to 2008. Which means they haven't updated the website
since that time. There is no "C++11", only "C++0x". Bleak, I think, is
the word.