Semi OT - Opera browser in Sears Commercial

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Karl Core, Dec 4, 2004.

  1. Karl Core

    Karl Core Guest

    Karl Core, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Karl Core wrote:
    > Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
    > their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

    On a related subject, why do so many ads seem to use the Macintosh
    version Internet Explorer?
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Karl Core

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Karl Core wrote:

    > Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
    > their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

    hi,

    with the news server news.chello.at I can get many news groups
    but not even one concerning the browser opera.

    So congratulations!

    --
    Hr. / Mr. Jan Clemens Faerber
    Seutterg. 24 / 10
    Jan Faerber, Dec 4, 2004
  4. Karl Core

    Neal Guest

    Jan Faerber wrote:

    > with the news server news.chello.at I can get many news groups
    > but not even one concerning the browser opera.

    Try the server news.opera.com
    Neal, Dec 4, 2004
  5. Karl Core

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Jan Faerber wrote:

    > So congratulations!

    Congratulations for what? I'm confused :s

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Dec 4, 2004
  6. Karl Core wrote:
    > Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
    > their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

    I saw an ad around election time for a website that "compares" the
    candidates (it was very biased towards Kerry). Their screencaps used
    something from Mozilla.
    --
    Michael Wilcox http://dataportalen.com/mike/
    Michael Wilcox, Dec 4, 2004
  7. Karl Core

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Neal wrote:

    > Jan Faerber wrote:
    >
    >> with the news server news.chello.at I can get many news groups
    >> but not even one concerning the browser opera.

    > Try the server news.opera.com

    Thank you - because I don't want to post too many OTs here.
    I was looking for opera.general - I posted there with google.

    I some ways a strange feeling of improving my english there.
    Such an escapade! hm ... Let's check it out.

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Dec 4, 2004
  8. Karl Core

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Jan Faerber wrote:
    >
    > > So congratulations!

    > Congratulations for what? I'm confused :s

    What can I say?
    Haven't you read the top posting?

    <quote>
    Semi OT - Opera browser in Sears Commercial

    Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
    their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.
    </quote>

    Congratulations to Karl, to the US, to Sears, to the TV station, to the
    advertising agency, to the people who will travel now to tunesia for they
    saw that commercial and congratulations to the Opera team.

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Dec 4, 2004
  9. Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Karl Core wrote:

    >> Here in the US, Sears is running a holiday commercial that also mentions
    >> their website. It shows a "screencap" of the site in the Opera browser.

    > On a related subject, why do so many ads seem to use the Macintosh
    > version Internet Explorer?

    Probably because the Mac is so common in the TV graphics field itself,
    where the commercials come from.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 5, 2004
  10. Karl Core

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Jan Faerber, Dec 5, 2004
  11. Karl Core

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Dylan Parry, Dec 5, 2004
  12. Karl Core

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > That looks fun. I'd like one of those, if anyone would care to get me
    > one for Christmas :)

    Oh [<= I like that phrase] ... I didn't want to spam the board.

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Dec 6, 2004