semi-transparent Frames

azsx

can someone tell me how can i set the transparency of a Frame?
I tried:
Robot r = new Robot();
Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(0,0,d.width,d.height);
img = r.createScreenCapture(rect);
but thats not it. I think there should be another way of doing this,
but if there is not please give me some code that realy works, without
flickering and so on. Thank you!

Andrew Thompson

azsx said:
can someone tell me how can i set the transparency of a Frame?
I tried:
Robot r = new Robot();
Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(0,0,d.width,d.height);
img = r.createScreenCapture(rect);
but thats not it. I think there should be another way of doing this,
but if there is not please give me some code that realy works, without
flickering and so on.

I see you finally decided to mention what was 'not it'*.
The code I linked to on your earlier post was the best
attempt I've seen. If you can produce something better,
please let us know.

*
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp...70341f5e8e4/c2b40224a721ca71#c2b40224a721ca71>
(And plese don't repost topics - it would have made
more sense to continue the original thread)

Note there is also a forum devoted to GUI matters,
comp.lang.java.gui

Andrew T.