    but thats not it. I think there should be another way of doing this,
    but if there is not please give me some code that realy works, without
    flickering and so on. Thank you!
    azsx, Sep 17, 2006

  2. azsx wrote:
    > can someone tell me how can i set the transparency of a Frame?
    > I tried:
    > Robot r = new Robot();
    > Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(0,0,d.width,d.height);
    > img = r.createScreenCapture(rect);
    > but thats not it. I think there should be another way of doing this,
    > but if there is not please give me some code that realy works, without
    > flickering and so on.

    I see you finally decided to mention what was 'not it'*.
    The code I linked to on your earlier post was the best
    attempt I've seen. If you can produce something better,
    please let us know.

    *
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/thread/6d9eb70341f5e8e4/c2b40224a721ca71#c2b40224a721ca71>
    (And plese don't repost topics - it would have made
    more sense to continue the original thread)

    Note there is also a forum devoted to GUI matters,
    comp.lang.java.gui

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 17, 2006