    That is all.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Daniel Berger, May 24, 2004

  2. Daniel Berger wrote:

    > Please do me a favor and stop putting "ruby" in your package names. I
    > know it's Ruby. No one is going to accidentally think they were
    > supposed to get a Java library from the RAA. Besides, you're screwing
    > up my tab autocomplete. :p

    I think that it is a good idea at least for Ruby libraries which are
    just bindings to libraries written in other languages. (C and C++ for
    example.)

    Without the "ruby"-prefix there would be a name collision in that case.

    > Regards,
    > Dan

    More regards,
    Florian Gross

    Florian Gross, May 24, 2004

  3. Daniel Berger

    Alex McHale Guest

    I think perhaps the point being for in the Ruby-centric repositories
    for libraries to not be named sqlite-ruby or ruby-sqlite as it is.
    Talk about confusing, that example kills me. I don't think that
    anyone would argue with it being named ruby-sqlite or ruby-mysql, etc,
    in the Debian repositories?

    Alex McHale

    Alex McHale, May 24, 2004
  4. il Tue, 25 May 2004 03:49:08 +0900, Alex McHale <>
    ha scritto::

    >I think perhaps the point being for in the Ruby-centric repositories
    >for libraries to not be named sqlite-ruby or ruby-sqlite as it is.
    >Talk about confusing, that example kills me. I don't think that
    >anyone would argue with it being named ruby-sqlite or ruby-mysql, etc,
    >in the Debian repositories?
    >
    >Alex McHale

    and what if I need to look for it on google or other search engines?
    Knowing a pkg's name may be useful from time to time, and it ned to be
    classified in this cases.
    I agree that for libraries that are not bindings to existing one the
    ruby prefix/suffix may be omitted but not that great problem anyway ;P

    gabriele renzi, May 24, 2004