    this is the error.

    Can I send the mail by another port that is not the 25?

    thks and sorry for my English!

    refv8, Aug 23, 2006

  2. refv8

    sloan Guest

    I have a complete 2.0 (and 1.1) example at my blog.

    You have to match the ports.
    Your smtp server has to receive messages on a non standard port ........
    If that's the case, then you can specify a different port number.

    http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/ 2/8/2006 entry

    "refv8" <> wrote in message
    hi, i´m doing a aplication in asp.net 2.0 and i want send an automatic
    mail when the users do an operations. i use the library
    System.Net.Mail.MailMessage. and I specify all the properties
    (to,from,body,host and port). i want send the mail by another port not
    from the port 25. Can i do That?. I dont specify credencials.
    i configure the server to the port that i want send in the IIS, but its
    not works.

    System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The
    server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay....

    sloan, Aug 23, 2006

  3. refv8

    ittower

    Joined: