Send a single ICQ message

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Eric S Ma, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Eric S Ma

    Eric S Ma Guest

    I need to send single messages to another ICQ client. There is no need
    to get any response back from the client. I tried Net::ICQ but to no
    avail. My code is as follows:

    use Net::ICQ;

    my $icq = Net::ICQ->new(MYUSERID, PASSWORD, "login.icq.com", 5190);
    $icq->connect();
    die "Unable to connect" if ! $icq->connected();

    my $params = { 'type' => 1,
    'text' => 'Hello world',
    'receiver_uin' => HISUSERID
    };
    $icq->send_event('CMD_SEND_MESSAGE', $params);

    $icq->start();

    Any help is appreciated.

    Eric --
    Eric S Ma, Nov 22, 2003