Send and retrieve pictures from my computer at home using my cell

Jimmy

Just wondering if anyone know if telcos (Bell, AT&T Rogers, Telus,
etc.) provide public WAP Push Gateway or MMS Gateway service in the
Greater Toronto Area?
Just recently picked-up a cell phone with camera. I like to send
pictures directly to my linux box at home, whether is re-directed
through email or http by telco, so I can delete them from my phone to
save space. Or, I can load it back from my server at home and see on
my cell again.
My linux box already has mail and web server running so I can recieve
as email or have a little cgi script to save pictures to file.

MaSTeR

Jimmy said:
Just wondering if anyone know if telcos (Bell, AT&T Rogers, Telus,
etc.) provide public WAP Push Gateway or MMS Gateway service in the
Greater Toronto Area?
Just recently picked-up a cell phone with camera. I like to send
pictures directly to my linux box at home, whether is re-directed
through email or http by telco, so I can delete them from my phone to
save space. Or, I can load it back from my server at home and see on
my cell again.
My linux box already has mail and web server running so I can recieve
as email or have a little cgi script to save pictures to file.

You need C++. Java executes in a sandbox and cannot access anything on the
file system except its RMS. Unless you take picture with the program you
intend to use to do the transfers you have to llok somewhere else.

Jimmy

Thanks.

MaSTeR said:
You need C++. Java executes in a sandbox and cannot access anything on the
file system except its RMS. Unless you take picture with the program you
intend to use to do the transfers you have to llok somewhere else.

marcus

Java does not run in a sandbox. What an absurd statement.

Why are you asking about telco services in a java newsgroup?
If you have email and can write a cgi, what question are you asking?
Sounds like you got a cheap phone with too little storage.
Hmm, maybe you can setup a website to brouse your pictures remotely --
and you can post questions on how to do that on a c++ group.