    page. I could use Cookies to transfer the values. Both of these seem a bit
    complicated for a simple function. Is there any other way that I could send
    these values to the "do.asp" page?
    Noozer, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Noozer

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:02:37 GMT, "Noozer" <> wrote:

    >I have a page with some VB script. Once the script is done it needs to send
    >the resulting values to an ASP page.

    ><script language="vbscript>

    Where does this script execute ? On the client ?
    Then use <form> and a POST method.

    (and don't use VBScript on clients - it has cooties)

    If it runs on the server, then you have more options.
    Response.Transfer() is often the best way.
    Andy Dingley, Apr 11, 2005

  3. In article <xcx6e.962994$8l.609179@pd7tw1no>, says...
    > Just wondering what the simplest way to send data from one webpage to
    > another.
    >
    > I have a page with some VB script. Once the script is done it needs to send
    > the resulting values to an ASP page.
    >
    > <script language="vbscript>
    > sub DoIt()
    > strName = "Some Name"
    > strPhone ="(123) 456-7890"
    > strNotes = "A string that could be very long. 1000+ characters"
    > 'How to send above variables to "do.asp"
    > end sub
    > </script>
    >
    > I could load the values into hidden form fields and retrieve them on the ASP
    > page. I could use Cookies to transfer the values. Both of these seem a bit
    > complicated for a simple function. Is there any other way that I could send
    > these values to the "do.asp" page?

    VBScript - bad idea. What do you think Mozilla will do with that?
    Anyway, look for the VBScript equivalent of document.location.href.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Apr 12, 2005
  4. Noozer

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Noozer wrote:
    > Just wondering what the simplest way to send data from one webpage to
    > another.
    >
    > I have a page with some VB script. Once the script is done it needs to send
    > the resulting values to an ASP page.
    >
    > <script language="vbscript>
    > sub DoIt()
    > strName = "Some Name"
    > strPhone ="(123) 456-7890"
    > strNotes = "A string that could be very long. 1000+ characters"
    > 'How to send above variables to "do.asp"
    > end sub
    > </script>
    >
    > I could load the values into hidden form fields and retrieve them on the ASP
    > page. I could use Cookies to transfer the values. Both of these seem a bit
    > complicated for a simple function. Is there any other way that I could send
    > these values to the "do.asp" page?

    Never, ever EVER use vbscript for client side scripting out on the
    Internet. Only works in Internet Explorer and there are millions of
    people who dont use that now. In excess of 10% of people are using
    non-Microsoft browsers, and vbscript will be ignored. If you HAVE to use
    scripting, use JavaScript - all major browsers support it.
    SpaceGirl, Apr 12, 2005
  5. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    > Noozer wrote:
    > > Just wondering what the simplest way to send data from one webpage to
    > > another.
    > >
    > > I have a page with some VB script. Once the script is done it needs to

    send
    > > the resulting values to an ASP page.
    > >
    > > <script language="vbscript>
    > > sub DoIt()
    > > strName = "Some Name"
    > > strPhone ="(123) 456-7890"
    > > strNotes = "A string that could be very long. 1000+ characters"
    > > 'How to send above variables to "do.asp"
    > > end sub
    > > </script>
    > >
    > > I could load the values into hidden form fields and retrieve them on the

    ASP
    > > page. I could use Cookies to transfer the values. Both of these seem a

    bit
    > > complicated for a simple function. Is there any other way that I could

    send
    > > these values to the "do.asp" page?
    > >

    > Never, ever EVER use vbscript for client side scripting out on the
    > Internet. Only works in Internet Explorer and there are millions of
    > people who dont use that now. In excess of 10% of people are using
    > non-Microsoft browsers, and vbscript will be ignored. If you HAVE to use
    > scripting, use JavaScript - all major browsers support it.

    This is for our intranet and all clients are running IE. This script is
    running on the client machine.

    I am moving to Javascript, but I know VBscript better so it will take time
    to transition over.

    If it were Javascript, would my question really be any different though?
    Noozer, Apr 12, 2005
  6. Noozer

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Noozer wrote:
    > "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Noozer wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just wondering what the simplest way to send data from one webpage to
    >>>another.
    >>>
    >>>I have a page with some VB script. Once the script is done it needs to

    > send
    >
    >>>the resulting values to an ASP page.
    >>>
    >>><script language="vbscript>
    >>> sub DoIt()
    >>> strName = "Some Name"
    >>> strPhone ="(123) 456-7890"
    >>> strNotes = "A string that could be very long. 1000+ characters"
    >>> 'How to send above variables to "do.asp"
    >>> end sub
    >>></script>
    >>>
    >>>I could load the values into hidden form fields and retrieve them on the

    > ASP
    >
    >>>page. I could use Cookies to transfer the values. Both of these seem a

    > bit
    >
    >>>complicated for a simple function. Is there any other way that I could

    > send
    >
    >>>these values to the "do.asp" page?
    >>>

    >>Never, ever EVER use vbscript for client side scripting out on the
    >>Internet. Only works in Internet Explorer and there are millions of
    >>people who dont use that now. In excess of 10% of people are using
    >>non-Microsoft browsers, and vbscript will be ignored. If you HAVE to use
    >>scripting, use JavaScript - all major browsers support it.

    > This is for our intranet and all clients are running IE. This script is
    > running on the client machine.
    >
    > I am moving to Javascript, but I know VBscript better so it will take time
    > to transition over.
    >
    > If it were Javascript, would my question really be any different though?

    The best way is to do it via a form post to an ASP script to be honest,
    seeing as you are already using that platform. We do that when we need
    to move data from one page to another (and where session variables
    aren't viable).
    SpaceGirl, Apr 12, 2005
  7. Noozer

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Apr 12, 2005
  8. Noozer

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Noozer" <>
    writing in news:xcx6e.962994$8l.609179@pd7tw1no:

    > Just wondering what the simplest way to send data from one webpage to
    > another.
    >
    > I have a page with some VB script. Once the script is done it needs to
    > send the resulting values to an ASP page.
    >
    ><script language="vbscript>
    > sub DoIt()
    > strName = "Some Name"
    > strPhone ="(123) 456-7890"
    > strNotes = "A string that could be very long. 1000+ characters"
    > 'How to send above variables to "do.asp"
    > end sub
    ></script>
    >
    > I could load the values into hidden form fields and retrieve them on
    > the ASP page. I could use Cookies to transfer the values. Both of these
    > seem a bit complicated for a simple function. Is there any other way
    > that I could send these values to the "do.asp" page?

    There are four collections available in ASP:
    1. Form collection
    2. Querystring collection
    3. Cookie collection
    4. Server variables collection

    In your case, I would use the form collection, because the querystring
    collection is limited in length. The session collection might be as well
    as it is in fact a cookie, I'm not sure. By the way, don't get lazy and
    not explicitly state which collection, you can get in trouble later on with
    that.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info