Send data

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mikael, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Mikael

    Mikael Guest

    Hello again,

    I have a compiled program on a server, listening to port 20000
    I send from a browser the following link: http://theserver:20000/name=Mikael
    The program receives the link and some other information. What I wan't is
    "Mikael", and that I can sort out.

    Is this a "good" way to directly pass data between a ASP-page and a compiled
    program?
    ServerA (webserver) is a server in a DMZ, and ServerB is inside on the
    Intranet.
    I think the security is good since only the ServerA can gain access through
    the firewall and the comiled program can check that the IP-Address is from
    ServerA.
    ServerA set´s up the link with certain rules, so I always know what is
    coming through the firewall.

    Regards,

    /Mikael S

    Mikael, Sep 2, 2003