    Hi...I was wondering if it is possible to send an email containing data
    caught in an HTML form, without using ASP (as my ISP doesn't support ASP).

    Thanks.
    Sam, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Sam

    Ray at Guest

    What does your host support? PHP? You'd need some sort of server-side
    programming technology if you want to programmatically instruct your server
    to do something.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Sam

    Randy Rahbar Guest

    > Hi...I was wondering if it is possible to send an email containing data
    > caught in an HTML form, without using ASP (as my ISP doesn't support ASP).

    You could have your form submit directly to your email address...
    <form method=post action="mailto:">

    This is somewhat unreliable though, since it may not work with some older
    browsers. Also, I think the user will be prompted that the info is being
    submitted by email - I don't remember though, I haven't used this method in
    a long, long time.

    Randy
    Randy Rahbar, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Sam

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Randy Rahbar"
    <rvrahbarAThotmail.com> writing in

    >> Hi...I was wondering if it is possible to send an email containing
    >> data caught in an HTML form, without using ASP (as my ISP doesn't
    >> support ASP).

    > You could have your form submit directly to your email address...
    ><form method=post action="mailto:">
    >
    > This is somewhat unreliable though, since it may not work with some
    > older browsers. Also, I think the user will be prompted that the info
    > is being submitted by email - I don't remember though, I haven't used
    > this method in a long, long time.
    >
    > Randy

    Yes, that's exactly what's going to happen, which will not obviously work
    for people using a library, Internet Cafe, Kinko's, web mail users, at a
    client's, etc.

    To the OP, if you don't have access to server side script, then use
    something remotely hosted, eg. http://www.reponse-o-matic.com .

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com