Send email from HTML Form without ASP

Sam

Hi...I was wondering if it is possible to send an email containing data
caught in an HTML form, without using ASP (as my ISP doesn't support ASP).

Thanks.

Ray at

What does your host support? PHP? You'd need some sort of server-side
programming technology if you want to programmatically instruct your server
to do something.

Ray at work

Randy Rahbar

Hi...I was wondering if it is possible to send an email containing data
caught in an HTML form, without using ASP (as my ISP doesn't support ASP).

You could have your form submit directly to your email address...
<form method=post action="mailto:[email protected]">

This is somewhat unreliable though, since it may not work with some older
browsers. Also, I think the user will be prompted that the info is being
submitted by email - I don't remember though, I haven't used this method in
a long, long time.

Randy

Adrienne

You could have your form submit directly to your email address...
<form method=post action="mailto:[email protected]">

This is somewhat unreliable though, since it may not work with some
older browsers. Also, I think the user will be prompted that the info
is being submitted by email - I don't remember though, I haven't used
this method in a long, long time.

Randy

Yes, that's exactly what's going to happen, which will not obviously work
for people using a library, Internet Cafe, Kinko's, web mail users, at a
client's, etc.

To the OP, if you don't have access to server side script, then use
something remotely hosted, eg. http://www.reponse-o-matic.com .