    library for sending emails, any suggestions,
    Thankx alot
    , Oct 11, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I'm writing an application and I need how to send email through my
    > application, I want it to be platform independent, is there any free
    > library for sending emails, any suggestions,

    Try looking on Google Groups for "Available C++ Libraries". There
    probably something related to communications. It cannot be truly
    platform-independent. It only can be cross-platform. Not all
    platforms out there have internetworking capabilities.

    Victor Bazarov, Oct 12, 2006

    wrote:
    > I'm writing an application and I need how to send email through my
    > application, I want it to be platform independent, is there any free
    > library for sending emails, any suggestions,
    > Thankx alot

    It's not easy to find a free library for sending emails ,which is
    platform independent.

    But you can create the library yourself,and try to do as follow
    Separately find the special MailAPI in the special OS ,such as MS
    Windows ,linux and so on.
    And then add some codes that can distinguish the OS version. in order
    that With different OS,your program will call different library.
    Of course ,you can encapsulate this library into a dynamic
    library(dll),and set a general interface to the caller.
    , Oct 12, 2006
  4. Phlip Guest

    liutiansheng wrote:

    > wrote:

    >> I'm writing an application and I need how to send email through my
    >> application, I want it to be platform independent, is there any free
    >> library for sending emails, any suggestions,
    >> Thankx alot

    > It's not easy to find a free library for sending emails ,which is
    > platform independent.

    In theory, any platform supporting Berkeley Sockets (including WinSock)
    should be source-compatible with SMTP.

    If yazwas were to get BLAT.EXE, and shell to this with system("blat ..."),
    they could switch at Linux time to some other mail sender. But why isn't
    BLAT trivially portable?

    (All off-topic though...)

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Oct 12, 2006

    wrote:
    > I'm writing an application and I need how to send email through my
    > application, I want it to be platform independent, is there any free
    > library for sending emails, any suggestions,
    > Thankx alot

    If its hard to find a 'platform independent' library, then I would like
    a cross-platform, or even a Unix library which has the most priority
    now for me
    , Oct 12, 2006