send email having some fields on the form using only html andjavascript anybody knows

shailendra deshpande

right now i have only pain html page.and i want to send email through
it using javascript

plz. anybody tell me how to send email from plain html page using
javascript.

thanks in advance

Shailendra Deshpande

Bart Friederichs

shailendra said:
right now i have only pain html page.and i want to send email through
it using javascript

plz. anybody tell me how to send email from plain html page using
javascript.

JavaScript cannot send e-mail. It's a client side scripting language.
Sending e-mails in webpages is usually done with a HTML form, that
triggers a server-side script (PHP/Perl/ASP) that does the e-mailing.

Another way is the HTML 'mailto' target in A tags. In that case, the
browser will fire up the locally installed e-mail client to do the
e-mailing.

Bart

Evertjan.

Bart Friederichs wrote on 16 jun 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
JavaScript cannot send e-mail. It's a client side scripting language.

It is not, Bart,

I can send emails using serverside javascript.

And javascript can also be used in many other interpreters than only
browser or server.

I can even imagine a "stand alone" [cscript or wscript] javascript script
used as a email poster.
Sending e-mails in webpages is usually done with a HTML form, that
triggers a server-side script (PHP/Perl/ASP) that does the e-mailing.

Indeed,
where ASP is not a scripting language
but a platform for vbscript or javascript.

VK

Bart Friederichs wrote on 16 jun 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

It is not, Bart,

I can send emails using serverside javascript.

But does it help anyhow to OP? From his question it is plenty clear
that he's asking about a client-side Javascript solution. Moreover a
person aware of server-side Javascript implementations and having one
of them manually installed - because no one hosting plan comes with
server-side Javascript - such person most definitely wouldn't need a
help to submit a plain HTML form. IMO.

To OP: normally even free hosting providers, not talking about paid
one, do provide some basic type of server-side form processing script.
You just need to find out in provider's help section what form action
attribute and additional fields to set in your form to use it.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Bart said:
JavaScript cannot send e-mail. It's a client side scripting language.

Sigh. [psf 10.1]

It is probably better known to be used client-side than server-side,
but that does not make it (or rather any ECMAScript implementation) a
client-side language. As a matter of fact, no programming language
is restricted to be used either client-side or server-side.
Sending e-mails in webpages is usually done with a HTML form, that
triggers a server-side script (PHP/Perl/ASP) that does the e-mailing.

It is the only viable way.
Another way is the HTML 'mailto' target in A tags.

`A' _elements_
In that case, the browser will fire up the locally installed e-mail
client to do the e-mailing.

If there is one, if the HTML user agent (of which Web browsers are only a
subset) is configured to use it, and if the e-mail client is configured for
accessing a mailbox. Which are the major problems with this; search the
archives.

PointedEars