Send Email with MAPI

madfisher

Hi,

I am trying to send an email with MAP via C# and ASP.NET. This is what
I'm doing.

MapiSession1 = new MSMAPI.MAPISessionClass();
MapiSession1.UserName = "OutlookProfileName";
MapiSession1.Password = "pass";
MapiSession1.LogonUI = false;
MapiSession1.SignOn();
MapiSession1.NewSession = true;

MapiMessages1 = new MSMAPI.MAPIMessagesClass();
MapiMessages1.SessionID = MapiSession1.SessionID;
MapiMessages1.Compose();
MapiMessages1.RecipAddress = "(e-mail address removed)";

MapiMessages1.MsgSubject = "New Build Requested";
MapiMessages1.MsgNoteText = "A new build has been requested.";
MapiMessages1.Send(null);

MapiSession1.SignOff();

I'm getting the following error:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Login has failed

I'm am using my Outlook (Exchange profile info) which should be right.
Am I going about this the right way?

Thanks in advance.

Marcus de Leon

Guest

Marcus,
If your Exchange server offers SMTP you should find that a lot easier using
either System.Web.Mail (System.Net.Mail for ASP.NET 2.0) or any of a number
of free, open source SMTP Libraries such as OpenSMTP.
I hate MAPI.
Peter

madfisher

Yeah I know what you mean, SMTP would be much better, however the ports
are blocked here at work and smtp isn't an option for me. Messages go
in the Queue and don't get sent b/c it is unable to contact the server.