send email with .net (code) and hotmail(e-mail)

Guest

Hi everyone,

can someone help me please.
can i use hotmail e-mail to send emails in asp.net(vb code)?

or

should i pay for new email, so i can use smtp?

thanks for your help
Tvin

Mark Rae [MVP]

Firstly, please do not repeat posts - this is not your private helpdesk...
can someone help me please.

Yes, I you give them time - it's Sunday morning and there aren't so many
volunteers in the group. N.B. note the word "volunteers"...
can i use hotmail e-mail to send emails in asp.net(vb code)?

No: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/1.3.aspx
should i pay for new email, so i can use smtp?

If you want to use the .NET Framework to send emails natively using the
System.Net.Mail namespace, then you need a relay server or an SMTP server /
service...

Guest

Sorry Mark,

the problem was with microsoft web site, because i had 2 times error that i
can't post, so for that reason i tried 3rd time to post and it was ok.

i didn't notice that they post 3 times

sorry and thanks for your help

Mark Rae [MVP]

the problem was with microsoft web site, because i had 2 times error that
can't post, so for that reason i tried 3rd time to post and it was ok.

i didn't notice that they post 3 times

No worries.

sloan

1.
I believe hotmail disabled their ability to do non-web-based email sends.
There used to be a hotmail article at codeproject.com.
But I don't think you can use hotmail.

Gmail is an option.

2.
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!138.entry
You can work through the downloadable code there. There are 3 different
email authentication setups, and you'll see that in the downloadable code.
One of them is the previously mentioned gmail.

3.
This is volunteer stuff. As previously noted, you need to exercise a little
patience with a response.
Especially on the weekend.

Good luck.