    need to send it to the email address entered.

    From reading many posts, I need a server-side script and rather not
    use form mailto: nor use javascript on the users PC.

    Any help/pointers appreciated.
    groupie, Dec 30, 2007

  2. groupie wrote:
    > I'd like to know how to implement the "Forgot Password" feature on
    > many websites which require a login, exactly like this ebay example:
    > http://cgi4.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserIdRecognizerShow
    > [...]
    > I've already retrieved the users password from the database - I just
    > need to send it to the email address entered.
    >
    > From reading many posts, I need a server-side script and rather not
    > use form mailto: nor use javascript on the users PC.

    That is correct. You have server-side J(ava)Script (.NET) available, then?

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Dec 30, 2007

  3. groupie

    groupie Guest

    On Dec 30, 11:33 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    wrote:
    > groupie wrote:
    > > I'd like to know how to implement the "Forgot Password" feature on
    > > many websites which require a login, exactly like this ebay example:
    > >http://cgi4.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserIdRecognizerShow
    > > [...]
    > > I've already retrieved the users password from the database - I just
    > > need to send it to the email address entered.

    > > From reading many posts, I need a server-side script and rather not
    > > use form mailto: nor use javascript on the users PC.

    > That is correct.  You have server-side J(ava)Script (.NET) available, then?
    >
    > PointedEars
    > --
    > Prototype.js was written by people who don't know javascript for people
    > who don't know javascript. People who don't know javascript are not
    > the best source of advice on designing systems that use javascript.
    >   -- Richard Cornford, cljs, <f806at$ail$1$>

    Thanks PointedEars.
    Yes, server-side scripting is available. Not exactly sure what the
    final server platform will be, so not sure about PHP. Would rather not
    start mixing languages anyway since most is already written in
    javascript ASP pages.

    So any ideas how to get the server to send an email to the address I
    supply? I've been playing with Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") but
    is giving me errors at the moment.

    Thanks.
    groupie, Dec 30, 2007
  4. groupie wrote:
    > [...] Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn [...] wrote:
    >> groupie wrote:
    >>> I'd like to know how to implement the "Forgot Password" feature on
    >>> many websites which require a login, exactly like this ebay example:
    >>> http://cgi4.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserIdRecognizerShow
    >>> [...]
    >>> I've already retrieved the users password from the database - I just
    >>> need to send it to the email address entered.
    >>> From reading many posts, I need a server-side script and rather not
    >>> use form mailto: nor use javascript on the users PC.

    >> That is correct. You have server-side J(ava)Script (.NET) available, then?
    >> [...]

    > Thanks PointedEars.
    > Yes, server-side scripting is available. Not exactly sure what the
    > final server platform will be, so not sure about PHP. Would rather not
    > start mixing languages anyway since most is already written in
    > javascript ASP pages.

    I did not mention PHP.

    http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/se...l&brand=msdn&locale=&refinement=00&lang=en-us

    > I've been playing with Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") but
    > is giving me errors at the moment.

    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/clj_posts.html#ps1DontWork

    However, if the above does not help, I think you better ask in an ASP
    newsgroup like

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Dec 30, 2007