Send form values using AspNetEmail. Can you help me out? Thank You.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Miguel Dias Moura, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    Can you help me out in making this work? What I want is as simple as sending
    form values to an email.

    The code I am using is the following:

    <Script runat="server">

    Private Sub Page_Load()

    Dim msg As EmailMessage = New EmailMessage("localhost")

    Dim msgTo, msgFrom, msgName, msgSubject, msgMessage

    msgTo = Request.Form("to")

    msgFrom = Request.Form("from")

    msgName = Request.Form("name")

    msgSubject = Request.Form("subject")

    msgMessage = Request.Form("message")

    ' Set the email type

    msg.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html

    ' Set the from address

    msg.FromAddress = msgFrom

    ' Set the to address

    msg.To = msgTo

    ' Set the from name

    msg.FromName = msgFrom

    ' Set the email subject

    msg.Subject = msgSubject

    ' Set the email message

    Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px;color: #333333;

    "<strong>New Message</strong>" &_

    "<br> " & msgMessageField &_

    "</body></html>"

    ' Internal Exceptions

    msg.ThrowException = False

    ' Logging and LogBody

    msg.Logging=false

    msg.LogBody = false

    ' Sends Message

    If msg.Send() Then

    ' Redirects to error page

    Response.Redirect("status.aspx?result=contactErr")

    Else

    ' Redirects to confirmed page

    Response.Redirect("status.aspx?result=contactOk")

    End If

    End Sub

    </script>

    I really would appreciate if you could send me a working example using my
    code. I am trying to make it work for 1 week and until now I had no luck.

    The form has 5 text inputs: to, from, name, subject and message AND a button
    which when pressed should send the form values in the email.

    I tryied to comment everything I could think of. I am working in ASP.net /
    VB.

    Thank You Very Much,

    Miguel Moura

    Miguel Dias Moura, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Miguel

    You don't say exactly what doesn't work with yours (empty form fields, no mail message, etc.), but anyway I would do it in the code-behind (not in the html). Here's a simplified example

    Private Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object,
    ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Clic

    ' Send the message..
    Dim msg As New Mail.MailMessag
    msg.To = txtTo.Tex
    msg.From = txtFrom.Tex
    msg.Body = txtMessage.Tex

    Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "My Mail Server
    Mail.SmtpMail.Send(msg

    End Su

    The form itself just has txtTo, txtFrom, and txtMessage as the IDs of input fields and btnSubmit as the ID of the submit button

    If you're not getting any messages sent at all, you might check your smtp server. I don't know all the ins and outs, but do know that you can only use localhost if your box is configured to send mail (mine isn't, and I think it also has to do with the o/s)

    hth

    Bil

    ----- Miguel Dias Moura wrote: ----

    Hello

    Can you help me out in making this work? What I want is as simple as sendin
    form values to an email

    The code I am using is the following

    <Script runat="server"

    Private Sub Page_Load(

    Dim msg As EmailMessage = New EmailMessage("localhost"

    Dim msgTo, msgFrom, msgName, msgSubject, msgMessag

    msgTo = Request.Form("to"

    msgFrom = Request.Form("from"

    msgName = Request.Form("name"

    msgSubject = Request.Form("subject"

    msgMessage = Request.Form("message"

    ' Set the email typ

    msg.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Htm

    ' Set the from addres

    msg.FromAddress = msgFro

    ' Set the to addres

    msg.To = msgT

    ' Set the from nam

    msg.FromName = msgFro

    ' Set the email subjec

    msg.Subject = msgSubjec

    ' Set the email messag

    Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px;color: #333333

    "<strong>New Message</strong>" &

    "<br> " & msgMessageField &

    "</body></html>

    ' Internal Exception

    msg.ThrowException = Fals

    ' Logging and LogBod

    msg.Logging=fals

    msg.LogBody = fals

    ' Sends Messag

    If msg.Send() The

    ' Redirects to error pag

    Response.Redirect("status.aspx?result=contactErr"

    Els

    ' Redirects to confirmed pag

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBCb3Jn?=, Apr 1, 2004