    static sites :-(

    Help me
    pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    **Group User**, Jan 22, 2010

  2. **Group User**

    Bob Barrows Guest

    **Group User** wrote:
    > Hello
    > I just recieved domain name and password, Iand learn basic asp.net
    > I test my site fine in my own coputer and local host
    > I sent it to server but it doesn't show the index.aspx
    > only error message as if there was no such index file up there. Really
    > confued what should I add change to make it work just like other
    > static sites :-(

    ***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
    recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
    lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
    question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
    group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows, Jan 22, 2010

  3. On Jan 22, 12:45 pm, "Bob Barrows" <> wrote:
    > **Group User** wrote:
    > > Hello
    > > I just recieved domain name and password, Iand learn basic asp.net
    > > I test my site fine in my own coputer and local host
    > > I sent it to server but it doesn't show the index.aspx
    > > only error message as if there was no such index file up there. Really
    > > confued what should I add change to make it work  just like other
    > > static sites :-(

    > ***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
    > There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through some
    > of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - alwaysa
    > recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    > ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
    > lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
    > question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
    > group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or the forums atwww.asp.net.

    > Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    > "NO SPAM"

    I check it out that I need a host that provide ASP hostability, thank
    you so much for your reply

    You know I have spent years to only understand what is OOP and how it
    actually works and is done in a desktop application. I think people
    might just drop a single line like the hosting problem I understand
    the rest, but they don't. You too!
    I don't know how much money such a single line of guidance can be
    earned from.
    Excuse my dependence. I think about independence perhaps somewaht
    different from the way you may
    **Group User**, Jan 23, 2010
  4. On Jan 22, 12:45 pm, "Bob Barrows" <> wrote:
    > **Group User** wrote:
    > > Hello
    > > I just recieved domain name and password, Iand learn basic asp.net
    > > I test my site fine in my own coputer and local host
    > > I sent it to server but it doesn't show the index.aspx
    > > only error message as if there was no such index file up there. Really
    > > confued what should I add change to make it work  just like other
    > > static sites :-(

    > ***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
    > There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through some
    > of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - alwaysa
    > recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    > ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
    > lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
    > question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
    > group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or the forums atwww.asp.net.

    > Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    > "NO SPAM"

    Darn! i have not finished yeet the OOP story but jumped into the main
    conclusion. My memory seems to get dispersed now
    Google edit is uneditable :-(
    **Group User**, Jan 23, 2010
  5. **Group User**

    Bob Barrows Guest

    **Group User** wrote:
    > On Jan 22, 12:45 pm, "Bob Barrows" <> wrote:
    >> **Group User** wrote:
    >>> Hello
    >>> I just recieved domain name and password, Iand learn basic asp.net
    >>> I test my site fine in my own coputer and local host
    >>> I sent it to server but it doesn't show the index.aspx
    >>> only error message as if there was no such index file up there.
    >>> Really confued what should I add change to make it work just like
    >>> other
    >>> static sites :-(

    > I check it out that I need a host that provide ASP hostability, thank
    > you so much for your reply

    You mean "ASP.Net" hostability ...

    > You know I have spent years to only understand what is OOP and how it
    > actually works and is done in a desktop application. I think people
    > might just drop a single line like the hosting problem I understand
    > the rest, but they don't. You too!

    Huh?

    > I don't know how much money such a single line of guidance can be
    > earned from.
    > Excuse my dependence. I think about independence perhaps somewaht
    > different from the way you may

    Sorry, but I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Are you
    saying I should have known to provide the answer you found on your own?
    Well, given that I operate entirely within an intranet environment, the fact
    is, I had no idea what your answer would turn out to be. The only thing I
    could help with was attempting to correct your mistake in posting to a
    newsgroup where you would be unlikely to find someone who could provide your
    answer.

    I'm glad you found your answer.

    Bob Barrows, Jan 23, 2010