  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    When a test user input information on a webpage and click on Send button, an ASP page will use CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") to send the information to my hotmail.com mailbox. When I tested the ASP page, my hotmail.com mailbox did not receive the message. When I changed the code to send the mail to my other email accounts, I got the message. Does anybody know why? Thanks.

    Ian, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Ian

    Ray at Guest

    Take a look in the event logs on your SMTP server to see if there's anything
    about mail delivery failing to hotmail.com. As long as you aren't getting
    any errors or anything, you're not having an ASP issue. All that cdonts
    does is drop a text file (your e-mail) in the SMTP server's pickup
    directory. So, as long as that's happening, your ASP code is fine.

    Ray at hotel

    Ray at, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Ian

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:01:04 -0700, Ian
    <> wrote:

    >When a test user input information on a webpage and click on Send button, an ASP page will use CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") to send the information to my hotmail.com mailbox. When I tested the ASP page, my hotmail.com mailbox did not receive the message. When I changed the code to send the mail to my other email accounts, I got the message. Does anybody know why? Thanks.

    For a start, Hotmail is blocking a number of types of email due to the
    large amount of spam. If you use a dynamic IP address you might get
    blocked by quite a few systems for example.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Apr 9, 2004