    SMTP Virtual Server for each domain/IP address, and the domains' MX records
    point to the appropriate IP addresses for reverse-lookup. Now I just need a
    way to send from that particular virtual server.
    Ron Hinds, Jan 3, 2008

  2. Ron Hinds

    Dooza Guest

    Ron Hinds wrote:
    > Our webserver is currently Windows 2000 Server. Many of our pages send mail
    > using the CDONTS object library. It is simple and very straightforward. We
    > have built a new webserver using Windows Server 2003 Web Edition.
    > Unfortunately, 2003 doesn't have the CDONTS library anymore. I'm looking for
    > a new solution that is preferably as easy to use. But I would also like some
    > additional functionality. The webserver will be hosting five web
    > applications using five different domain names each with it's own external
    > IP address. More and more eMail services (Hotmail and SBC Global are doing
    > this right now) block eMail where the domain in the sender's "From:" address
    > doesn't match the domain of the sending SMTP server. I have created the a
    > SMTP Virtual Server for each domain/IP address, and the domains' MX records
    > point to the appropriate IP addresses for reverse-lookup. Now I just need a
    > way to send from that particular virtual server.

    If you like CDONTS why don't you install it on your Win2K3 server? I
    know its depreciated, and not recommended, but have a look at this:
    http://www.webthang.co.uk/Tuts/tuts_server/smtp1/smtp1_1.asp

    Steve
    Dooza, Jan 4, 2008

  3. "Dooza" <> wrote in message
    > Ron Hinds wrote:
    > > Our webserver is currently Windows 2000 Server. Many of our pages send

    mail
    > > using the CDONTS object library. It is simple and very straightforward.

    We
    > > have built a new webserver using Windows Server 2003 Web Edition.
    > > Unfortunately, 2003 doesn't have the CDONTS library anymore. I'm looking

    for
    > > a new solution that is preferably as easy to use. But I would also like

    some
    > > additional functionality. The webserver will be hosting five web
    > > applications using five different domain names each with it's own

    external
    > > IP address. More and more eMail services (Hotmail and SBC Global are

    doing
    > > this right now) block eMail where the domain in the sender's "From:"

    address
    > > doesn't match the domain of the sending SMTP server. I have created the

    > > SMTP Virtual Server for each domain/IP address, and the domains' MX

    records
    > > point to the appropriate IP addresses for reverse-lookup. Now I just

    need a
    > > way to send from that particular virtual server.

    > If you like CDONTS why don't you install it on your Win2K3 server? I
    > know its depreciated, and not recommended, but have a look at this:
    > http://www.webthang.co.uk/Tuts/tuts_server/smtp1/smtp1_1.asp

    Don't do that. CDONTS is deprecated and isn't supported on Win2K3.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Jan 4, 2008
  4. "Ron Hinds" <> wrote in message
    > Our webserver is currently Windows 2000 Server. Many of our pages send

    mail
    > using the CDONTS object library. It is simple and very straightforward. We
    > have built a new webserver using Windows Server 2003 Web Edition.
    > Unfortunately, 2003 doesn't have the CDONTS library anymore. I'm looking

    for
    > a new solution that is preferably as easy to use. But I would also like

    some
    > additional functionality. The webserver will be hosting five web
    > applications using five different domain names each with it's own external
    > IP address. More and more eMail services (Hotmail and SBC Global are doing
    > this right now) block eMail where the domain in the sender's "From:"

    address
    > doesn't match the domain of the sending SMTP server. I have created the a
    > SMTP Virtual Server for each domain/IP address, and the domains' MX

    records
    > point to the appropriate IP addresses for reverse-lookup. Now I just need

    > way to send from that particular virtual server.

    You need to be using CDOSYS to be sending mail. Its interface is a little
    more complex than CDONTS but not much.

    You can supply different configurations to a CDO.Message that can target
    different SMTP virtual servers. See:-

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526262(VS.85).aspx

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Jan 4, 2008
  5. Ron Hinds

    TOUDIdel Guest

    U¿ytkownik "Anthony Jones" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > You can supply different configurations to a CDO.Message that can target
    > different SMTP virtual servers. See:-

    I agree. I think using CDO.Message object is quite good way to send messages
    --
    td
    xmlguru.net
    TOUDIdel, Jan 4, 2008
  6. Ron Hinds

    Dooza Guest

    TOUDIdel wrote:
    > U¿ytkownik "Anthony Jones" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    >> You can supply different configurations to a CDO.Message that can target
    >> different SMTP virtual servers. See:-

    > I agree. I think using CDO.Message object is quite good way to send

    messages

    I do too agree, there is always a good reason why a technology is
    depreciated, so getting CDOSYS going is the best way forward. My
    suggestion was really an interim proposal to get tahe existing code
    working straight away, a stop gap if you will. But if time isn't an
    issue, changing to CDOSYS isn't that big a challenge.

    Steve
    Dooza, Jan 4, 2008
  7. Ron Hinds

    Ron Hinds Guest

    "Anthony Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Ron Hinds" <> wrote in message
    >> Our webserver is currently Windows 2000 Server. Many of our pages send

    > mail
    >> using the CDONTS object library. It is simple and very straightforward.
    >> We
    >> have built a new webserver using Windows Server 2003 Web Edition.
    >> Unfortunately, 2003 doesn't have the CDONTS library anymore. I'm looking

    > for
    >> a new solution that is preferably as easy to use. But I would also like

    > some
    >> additional functionality. The webserver will be hosting five web
    >> applications using five different domain names each with it's own
    >> external
    >> IP address. More and more eMail services (Hotmail and SBC Global are
    >> doing
    >> this right now) block eMail where the domain in the sender's "From:"

    > address
    >> doesn't match the domain of the sending SMTP server. I have created the a
    >> SMTP Virtual Server for each domain/IP address, and the domains' MX

    > records
    >> point to the appropriate IP addresses for reverse-lookup. Now I just need

    >> way to send from that particular virtual server.
    >>

    > You need to be using CDOSYS to be sending mail. Its interface is a
    > little
    > more complex than CDONTS but not much.
    >
    > You can supply different configurations to a CDO.Message that can target
    > different SMTP virtual servers. See:-
    >
    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526262(VS.85).aspx

    Thanks that's just what I was looking for.
    Ron Hinds, Jan 10, 2008