Send mail with ASP

Ron Hinds

Our webserver is currently Windows 2000 Server. Many of our pages send mail
using the CDONTS object library. It is simple and very straightforward. We
have built a new webserver using Windows Server 2003 Web Edition.
Unfortunately, 2003 doesn't have the CDONTS library anymore. I'm looking for
a new solution that is preferably as easy to use. But I would also like some
additional functionality. The webserver will be hosting five web
applications using five different domain names each with it's own external
IP address. More and more eMail services (Hotmail and SBC Global are doing
this right now) block eMail where the domain in the sender's "From:" address
doesn't match the domain of the sending SMTP server. I have created the a
SMTP Virtual Server for each domain/IP address, and the domains' MX records
point to the appropriate IP addresses for reverse-lookup. Now I just need a
way to send from that particular virtual server.

Dooza

Ron said:
[...]

If you like CDONTS why don't you install it on your Win2K3 server? I
know its depreciated, and not recommended, but have a look at this:
http://www.webthang.co.uk/Tuts/tuts_server/smtp1/smtp1_1.asp

Steve

Anthony Jones

Ron Hinds said:
[...]

You need to be using CDOSYS to be sending mail. Its interface is a little
more complex than CDONTS but not much.

You can supply different configurations to a CDO.Message that can target
different SMTP virtual servers. See:-

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526262(VS.85).aspx

TOUDIdel

U¿ytkownik "Anthony Jones said:
You can supply different configurations to a CDO.Message that can target
different SMTP virtual servers. See:-

I agree. I think using CDO.Message object is quite good way to send messages

Dooza

TOUDIdel said:
I agree. I think using CDO.Message object is quite good way to send
messages

I do too agree, there is always a good reason why a technology is
depreciated, so getting CDOSYS going is the best way forward. My
suggestion was really an interim proposal to get tahe existing code
working straight away, a stop gap if you will. But if time isn't an
issue, changing to CDOSYS isn't that big a challenge.

Steve