Send mail with jmail

Paulo Almeida

Hi,

I´m trying VP ASP Shopping cart, but the free version doesn´t allow us to
send an email to our customers and to ourselves with the confirmation of the
order.

I would like to know if there is any code sample or script that can easilly
be included when the invoice appears in the screen, so we can send the
invoice automatically by mail to the costumer to confirm the order and to us
to let us know the order was made!?

I would prefer to work with jmail, but if it´s not possible it can be
another.

Thanks in Advance.

Paulo Almeida

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Is any of the ASP code on the confirmation page exposed? Do you have access
to any of the properties from the component (e.g. could you rebuild the
details of the order)? Can you see enough of the order details from the
request.form/session collections to print the order out to the screen? If
so, there's not much difference between returning the order to the screen
and building an e-mail message. Sorry, I have no idea what this specific
shopping cart does, so can't offer specific advice there.

However, I can tell you that there are many options for sending mail besides
JMail.
http://www.aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=send_e-mail