    possible and any know, please let me/us know.

    ThankQ in Advanced...

    Sujan

    Sujan, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Sujan

    Ivo Guest

    "Sujan" wrote

    > I hope, you people do have used File >> Send >> Page by Email. Is there
    > any code to do the same thing.
    >
    > I'm doing a project which uses fullscreen browser window, and I'm usign
    > all my own, like Back button, Forward button, Stop button, Refresh
    > Button and so on. And I'm looking for the code which does the same
    > thing as this command does "File >> Send >> Page by Email". If its
    > possible and any know, please let me/us know.

    I 'm afraid not. Any <a href="mailto:..."> link has some problems which are
    inherent to the use of the protocol on the 'net (not every computer has a
    email client installed, or registered with the browser in use), pre-filling
    the body or any field other than the destination address is not possible is
    all environments, but filling it with the complete source code of a
    fullscreen webpage is simply not possible anywhere. I just tested using IE6
    and Outlook Express 5.5, and found that a href of 2032 characters would go
    through, but one more character and a message popped up saying I didn't have
    a properly installed email client.
    Rethink your needs, and perhaps settle for emailing a dry url instead.
    hth
    ivo

    Ivo, Aug 23, 2005

  3. Sujan

    RobG Guest

    Ivo wrote:
    > "Sujan" wrote
    >
    >>I hope, you people do have used File >> Send >> Page by Email. Is there
    >>any code to do the same thing.

    [...]

    > I 'm afraid not. Any <a href="mailto:..."> link has some problems which are
    > inherent to the use of the protocol on the 'net (not every computer has a
    > email client installed, or registered with the browser in use), pre-filling
    > the body or any field other than the destination address is not possible is
    > all environments, but filling it with the complete source code of a
    > fullscreen webpage is simply not possible anywhere. I just tested using IE6
    > and Outlook Express 5.5, and found that a href of 2032 characters would go
    > through, but one more character and a message popped up saying I didn't have
    > a properly installed email client.

    Other mail clients have even smaller limits on the number of characters
    in the body - I think Lotus Notes is about 200 - and some likely don't
    support it at all.

    > Rethink your needs, and perhaps settle for emailing a dry url instead.

    Spot on. An alternative may be to use 'Save as', create an archive (say
    ZIP) and send it as an attachment - JavaScript is not the solution.

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Aug 23, 2005