    2
    I have a Struts application. In the main window, I have a list of items. The requirement is to have hyper links on these items that will bring up the details of these items, in a separate window. I know that in standard HTML, I can use target="_blank" to bring up the 2nd window. I also know that with Struts tag I can also use target="_blank". However, if I have this in my HREF, it will bring up a new window every time. The requirement is to use the same 2nd window for display. How do I do that?

    Thanks.
    ChristFollower, Sep 27, 2006

  2. ChristFollower

    mosborn

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Messages:
    7
    Location:
    Bowling Green, OH, USA
    This is more of an HTML question than a Java question. There is nothing special about Struts in these cases. My HTML is rusty, but I believe target can have any legal value. The special reserved cases are like

    _top
    _self
    _blank
    _parent

    Otherwise, you can use about any name, like

    <P><A HREF="http://www.google.com" TARGET="foo">Link 1</A></P>
    <P><A HREF="http://www.yahoo.com" TARGET="foo">Link 2</A></P>

    Try it in a basic HTML document. They will open in the same window. Doesn't matter much what the names are -- the browser keeps track of them within the DOM.

    Regards,

    Matthew
    mosborn, Sep 28, 2006

  3. ChristFollower

    ChristFollower

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    staying on top

    Yes this method works and it does send the result to the new browser window. Now, how do I keep the 2nd window staying on top? I saw some Javascript example of opening and keeping window on top but I don't know how to combine the two.
    ChristFollower, Oct 12, 2006