send SMS using asp.net(C#) 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nil, Aug 12, 2008.

  1. nil

    nil Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I just wanted to develop one web application which allows users to
    send an SMS to any mobile free of charge or i can say that i want to
    develop web application like www.160by2.com which allows users to send
    SMS for free of charge and you can send the same message to multiple
    people (Max 10) with full ajax support. I searched on the net and
    found many codes and articles and through those articles i came to
    know that for that kind of application, i required either of the
    following things:

    1. Web service (Third party web services that are free but not
    working or not delivering the sms)
    2. GSM Modem ( I don't have any idea about this)
    3. SMS Gateway ( I don't have any idea about this)

    I can use either of the following and my work will be done. but if i
    can have free web service which is really working then it would be
    great or even i am ready to pay for that but charge should be minimal
    and support multiple message sending or suggest good gsm modem and how
    i can make such an application with it.

    Please guide me through this. From where do i start? and one more
    thing is that does asp.net 2.0 have inbuilt libraries that provide any
    facility to send an SMS.

    Any help will be appreciated !

    Regards,
    Nil
    "Never Expect..Never Regret"
    nil, Aug 12, 2008

  2. ASP.NET does NOT have any inbuilt API support to send out an SMS. You need
    to go for a third party solution or use something that is found on the
    Internet.

    There could also be some sites that expose a web service interface for you
    to consume to send out a SMS but these may or may not be reliable.

    Point is.. no default support in ASP.NET. Infact you can send out an email
    but cant receive an email using the Base class library.

    Sriram Srivatsan, Aug 12, 2008

  3. nil

    nil Guest

    On Aug 12, 12:02 pm, "Sriram Srivatsan" <>
    wrote:
    > ASP.NET does NOT have any inbuilt API support to send out an SMS. You need
    > to go for a third party solution or use something that is found on the
    > Internet.
    >
    > There could also be some sites that expose a web service interface for you
    > to consume to send out a SMS but these may or may not be reliable.
    >
    > Point is.. no default support in ASP.NET. Infact you can send out an email
    > but cant receive an email using the Base class library.
    >
    > "nil" <> wrote in message

    > > Hello everyone,

    > > I just wanted to develop one web application which allows users to
    > > send an SMS to any mobile free of charge or i can say that i want to
    > > develop web application likewww.160by2.comwhich allows users to send
    > > SMS for free of charge and you can send the same message to multiple
    > > people (Max 10) with full ajax support. I searched on the net and
    > > found many codes and articles and through those articles i came to
    > > know that for that kind of application, i required either of the
    > > following things:

    > > 1. Web service    (Third party web services that are free but not
    > > working or not delivering the sms)
    > > 2. GSM Modem   ( I don't have any idea about this)
    > > 3. SMS Gateway ( I don't have any idea about this)

    > > I can use either of the following and my work will be done. but if i
    > > can have free web service which is really working then it would be
    > > great or even i am ready to pay for that but charge should be minimal
    > > and support multiple message sending or suggest good gsm modem and how
    > > i can make such an application with it.

    > > Please guide me through this. From where do i start? and one more
    > > thing is that does asp.net 2.0 have inbuilt libraries that provide any
    > > facility to send an SMS.

    > > Any help will be appreciated !

    > > Regards,
    > > Nil
    > > "Never Expect..Never Regret"

    Thanks sriram..thanks a lot..but do you have any information about any
    of the option that i described in my previous post or anything other
    than i can use to develop web application like www.160by2.com

    Regards,
    Nil
    "Never expect Never Regret"