    Please redirect me if this message is off-board.

    Thanks.
    -o--
    oziris, Sep 30, 2005

  2. oziris

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 30 Sep 2005 07:00:52 -0700, "oziris" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Is there a way to send a SOAP request (invoke) (via HTTP) in a TCP
    >socket?

    I don't think there is any other possibility. SOAP by definition uses
    HTTP protocol, and HTTP always runs over TCP/IP every time I have seen
    it.

    At least in any ordinary situation.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Sep 30, 2005

  3. "Roedy Green" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On 30 Sep 2005 07:00:52 -0700, "oziris" <>
    > wrote or quoted :
    >
    >>Is there a way to send a SOAP request (invoke) (via HTTP) in a TCP
    >>socket?

    > I don't think there is any other possibility. SOAP by definition uses
    > HTTP protocol,

    Not quite. The most common implementation of SOAP is SOAP-over-HTTP, but
    SOAP can also be run over JMS, SMTP, MSMQ, etc.

    Mike Schilling, Oct 1, 2005
  4. oziris

    Ste Guest

    Remember SOAP is just a simple xml based messaging protocol.. it has nothing
    to do with HTTP or other network protocol.

    As long as you send a valid soap XML message and the socket endpoint sends
    you back a valid soap XML message. You are doing SOAP messaging.

    Thus you can open any socket connection and pump raw soap xml down it. Of
    course the socket endpoint must be listening and expecting the data
    otherwise its not going to work.

    Ste, Oct 19, 2005