Send user back to last page actually opened

David Krussow

I'm implementing ASP.NET Forms authentication. On the login form I want to
include a "Cancel" button that , when clicked, will allow users who decide
to *not* log in to return to the last page they actually opened. This would
be the equivalent of the user clicking the Back button in the browser.

Sending them to Response.Redirect(Request.Params["ReturnURL"]) from within
the login page won't work because the ReturnUrl page is the one that they
were trying to open but required authentication - the very thing they are
trying to back out of.

Any suggestions?

Thanks