    Thanks,
    Matt

    , Jul 18, 2005

  2. On 18 Jul 2005 14:32:00 -0700, wrote:

    > I've go some files (.doc, .pdf, etc...) that I need to programatically
    > send to a printer.

    You can deliver files to the user and suggest they print them,
    but 'causing a print-out programatically' via a web interface
    is extremely problematic unless the users are willing to invest
    considerable trust in your site (signed applet, IE with privileges
    set insanely high, etc.).

    <my suggestion is..>
    Give the user a web page, and instructions on where to find
    'Print' in the browser menu.
    </my suggestion is..>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    == Proudly Made On Earth ==

    Andrew Thompson, Jul 18, 2005

    Let me explain more clearly ...

    There are no security issues as I am working on the intranet. I have a
    bunch of files that need to be sent to the printer programatically. It
    will be done useing server side programming and the user will not be
    involved in the process.

    What is the best way to accomplish this? The only approach I can see
    right now is to use the Java Print Services API. Has anyone out there
    used this approach successfully?
    - Matt

    , Jul 20, 2005