sending an aspx report (or any web page) as an e-mail on periodic basis

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by NoSf3RaTu, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. NoSf3RaTu

    NoSf3RaTu Guest

    Yes,

    That's what I am thinking of doing and I am pretty sure someone out there
    has already done it by either a way of windows magic or some external
    program. Basically I have a bunch of web based reports that I would like to
    distribute several times a day.

    I could embed the code in reports to send the page as an e-mail and schedule
    the browser to run the report, but that would not be efficient since I have
    to do so for every single page, so I need some sort of service that I can
    tell to run the report and send to the user.

    Another approach, if I could run the aspx from command window and dump the
    html into a file I could pull the file into a command line e-mailer and
    schedule it to send every once in a while...

    What would you suggest, is there an easy solution?

    Thanks
    NoSf3RaTu, Jan 21, 2004