Sending an email from a form on a personal website using SendMail

©

©®

Can anyone please point me to a recommended tutorial or app that will
help me make my own contact page on a personal website.
1. I am wanting the user to be able to send me a mail from the website.
(I think the average settings are '/usr/lib/sendmail')
2. I need my email address hidden/encrypted - unavailable to spammer
3. The form needs to fit in with the rest of my page design

I tried for over 4 hours yesterday trying to get something working but I
can't get the form to fit in with my page.
Thanks

Azzman

wrote in
Can anyone please point me to a recommended tutorial or app that will
help me make my own contact page on a personal website.
1. I am wanting the user to be able to send me a mail from the website.
(I think the average settings are '/usr/lib/sendmail')
2. I need my email address hidden/encrypted - unavailable to spammer
3. The form needs to fit in with the rest of my page design

I tried for over 4 hours yesterday trying to get something working but I
can't get the form to fit in with my page.
Thanks

Munge your email, for example here:

http://www.healyourchurchwebsite.com/obfuscator/

create a link on your webpage: <a href="mailto:[email protected]">***
</a>

or munged : <a href="mailto:n%65w%73%40%6bid%73n%65%77s%2ea%75.%
6f%72g">***</a>

*** is what's linked (a picture, text, etc)

HTH

Steven Burn

©® said:
Thanks for that, but I am wanting my email address hidden/encrypted when
using the sendmail form not just for clicking o a link.
Thanks

If your server supports it, I can write an ASP script that can do this for
you?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

hywel.jenkins

©® said:
Can anyone please point me to a recommended tutorial or app that will
help me make my own contact page on a personal website.
1. I am wanting the user to be able to send me a mail from the website.
(I think the average settings are '/usr/lib/sendmail')
2. I need my email address hidden/encrypted - unavailable to spammer
3. The form needs to fit in with the rest of my page design

Why not just Google for a ready-made script and save yourself the
effort? What server-side language are you intending to use?

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?",
(e-mail address removed) finally proclaimed:
I think you mean "There's no place like loop-back".

Nah, he definitely meant "There's no place like ~/" ;)

©

©®

If your server supports it, I can write an ASP script that can do this

Steven
I am using a Linux hosted one as I do MySQL, php etc.
Can it still be done?