Sending an email to exchange server

Brian Henry

Does anyone know how to send an email to an internal exchange server
(internal email only, how you can send email to a username in active
directory in exchange with out a domain (@domain.com) after it..) from
vb.net with out useing smtp? because some exchange servers actually dont use
SMTP because they are internal only... if you know what I mean, do you know
how to do this from VB.net to send to an internal user? thanks!

MS Newsgroups

What version is your Exchange Server running ? If you are running Exchange
5.5 without IMS, you could use CDO to send your messages, If you are running
Exchange 2000 i believe your Exchange server is running SMTP by default and
you could use the System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail() namespace to send your messages
from VB .Net. If you have to use CDO, there are some samples on
www.cdolive.com on how to do this.

Regards

Niclas