    but I'm not sure.

    Thanks,

    Ellie
    Ellie, May 18, 2005

  2. Ellie

    Dag Sunde Guest

    "Ellie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm not sure if this can be done and if asp.net is able to do it but here

    is
    > my question:
    >
    > I need to have a web page with information sent to another server for
    > processing (sql query, etc.) but instead of the information going directly
    > back to the browser, I need it to go to the original server for after
    > processing. Is this possible and can someone point me in the right
    > direction. It may be similar to the way credit card transactions are

    handled
    > but I'm not sure.

    You post your form to a proxy-script on *your* server, which in turn plays
    client, and sends the request to the external server. Upon return, it takes
    the
    response from the ext. server, do something with it, and reports back to the
    client.

    --
    Dag.
    Dag Sunde, May 18, 2005

  3. Ellie

    Mark Schupp Guest

    If you are using ASP.NET then you are asking in the wrong group (look for a
    group with .net in it)

    For "classic" asp see http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, May 18, 2005
  4. Ellie

    Ellie Guest

    Thanks for your response. Would you know of any good asp.net or asp books
    that will help me to accomplish this?

    Thanks again,

    Ellie

    Ellie, May 18, 2005
  5. Ellie

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You will first have to decide if you will be using ASP or ASP.NET. Then ask
    for book recommendations on the appropriate newsgroup.

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, May 18, 2005
  6. Ellie

    Ellie Guest

    Thanks for your input. Since this is an ASP newsgroup, then I am looking for
    an answer on ASP. Since I already received a response from someone on this
    subject then it really shouldn't bother anyone if I continue along with my
    conversation.

    Ellie, May 18, 2005