Sending and receiving encrypted emails

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Leszek, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Leszek

    Leszek Guest

    Hello,

    A few weeks ago I sent a post about sending encrypted emails. I found out
    how to encrypt such emails using .NET, but now there is another step: How to
    receive them?

    Let's say I have sent an encrypted email using SHA1 from a WebForm. What
    kind of software should a user have on his/her desktop to decrypt this
    message?

    I tried to use PGP (Pretty Good Privacy). They provide SHA1 and I was about
    to make some tests, but I have just received information from their customer
    support that what I am trying to accomplish is not possible using PGP. I am
    a little bit disappointed as I need to find another kind of software to do
    such a basic thing as decrypting email messages on the client-side.

    What kind of software would you recommend to install on the client-side?

    Thanks for any hints,
    Leszek Taratuta
    Leszek, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Leszek