Sending arguments for a calabash package through the ruby VM...

kris.ring

Hi all,

So this question may not seem specific to Ruby - but I believe it is.

I have set up RubyMine so that it can call Cucumber tests for Android apps with test written in calabash-cucumber.

When I start the test, I am able to get the android emulator started, and the problem I am running in to is that in the calabash-android/helpers.rb file - there is a method that needs to receive the name of the package I am to send to calabash (to then load on to the device and start running the suite).

In RubyMine I have tried to do this two ways so far:

1 - In the Environment Variables for the test configuration in RubyMind adding a variable called package_name with value of the path to my android apkfile (no luck)

2 - In the Ruby arguments I entered: 'package_name('/full/path/to/package.apk') which also did not give me any different results.

Here is my stack trace that I get back, to me it is saying that there was not a package given to install and run tests on - so my question is given this information can anyone in this group tell me how to specify the package name for the method that is specified in the stack trace?

Stack trace:

/Users/kris/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p385/bin/ruby -EUTF-8 -e $stdout.sync=true;$stderr.sync=true;load($0=ARGV.shift); /Users/kris/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p385/bin/cucumber /Users/kris/sandbox/svn/m3d/calabash-common/features/announcements.feature --format Teamcity::Cucumber::Formatter --expand --color -r features
Testing started at 3:47 PM ...
Killing emulators forcefully
Restarting adb
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Waiting 600 seconds for emulator to be ready.
Waiting for device to connect to adb
Waiting for dev.bootcomplete property to be 1
Waiting for sys.boot_completed to be 1
Waiting for init.svc.bootanim to be stopped
Waiting for package manager to start
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: (No such file ordirectory)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:214)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:144)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:153)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:90)
at ManifestExtractor.main(ManifestExtractor.java:19)
Killing emulators
undefined method `attributes' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
/Users/kris/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p385/gems/calabash-android-0.4.6/lib/calabash-android/helpers.rb:13:in `package_name'
/Users/kris/sandbox/svn/m3d/calabash-android/features/support/pearson_framework.rb:138:in `AfterConfiguration'

Thank you for any help you can provide

Robert Klemme

When I start the test, I am able to get the android emulator started,
and the problem I am running in to is that in the
calabash-android/helpers.rb file - there is a method that needs to
receive the name of the package I am to send to calabash (to then
load on to the device and start running the suite).

Why is a method with a parameter a problem?

Cheers

robert

krisring

Why is a method with a parameter a problem?

Cheers

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

I was able to solve this issue, chalk it up to being a rookie. However - I do have an instrumentation issue with the namespace of the calabash test server if anyone wants to help with that!