Sending ASP page as e-mail

TMN

We have an ASP-based call center application that our call center operators
use to track calls and forward job assignments. This app replaces a
VB6-based client-server app used previously. In the client-server app, the
operators could open a work ticket and click a button on that page that
would send all of the data on the page to a new Outlook mail message where
the operator could type in additional information then send the details. The
web version of the system does not have this feature - it just formats the
page's data into a new page with no graphics that the operator can then
"send page by e-mail" which attaches the html page to the mail message. The
operators want the data in the body of the message, not as an attachment. I
cannot for the life of me find a means of passing the data on the ASP page
to a new mail message in the body which will also allow the operator to add
notes to the message before sending. Can anyone help?

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Whatever you're outputting to the screen (e.g. replace all inline HTML with
response.write "<html tags>") you could store in variables and append them
to the bodytext property of an e-mail message. So you could do something
like this:

<%
ticketnumber = request.form("ticketnumber")

body = "Thank you for filing a ticket, your ticket number is <b>" &
ticketnumber & "</b>"

response.write body

set mailer = server.createobject("mailer.progid")
mailer.bodytext = body
mailer.send

%>