    cannot for the life of me find a means of passing the data on the ASP page
    to a new mail message in the body which will also allow the operator to add
    notes to the message before sending. Can anyone help?
    TMN, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Whatever you're outputting to the screen (e.g. replace all inline HTML with
    response.write "<html tags>") you could store in variables and append them
    to the bodytext property of an e-mail message. So you could do something
    like this:

    <%
    ticketnumber = request.form("ticketnumber")

    body = "Thank you for filing a ticket, your ticket number is <b>" &
    ticketnumber & "</b>"

    response.write body

    set mailer = server.createobject("mailer.progid")
    mailer.bodytext = body
    mailer.send

    %>

    "TMN" <> wrote in message
    > We have an ASP-based call center application that our call center

    operators
    > use to track calls and forward job assignments. This app replaces a
    > VB6-based client-server app used previously. In the client-server app, the
    > operators could open a work ticket and click a button on that page that
    > would send all of the data on the page to a new Outlook mail message

    where
    > the operator could type in additional information then send the details.

    The
    > web version of the system does not have this feature - it just formats the
    > page's data into a new page with no graphics that the operator can then
    > "send page by e-mail" which attaches the html page to the mail message.

    The

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Sep 2, 2003