    how?
    Thanks,
    Paul Davidowitz

    Paul, Nov 5, 2007

  2. Paul

    Guest

    On 11/5/07, Paul <> wrote:

    > Is there a way of sending a cell-phone text-message from Rails? If so,
    > how?
    > Thanks,
    > Paul Davidowitz

    If you know the carrier you can do it pretty easily with email. This may or
    may not be what you're looking for.

    Example: for verizon wireless.

    Here's a list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateways#Email_to_SMS

    Michael Guterl

    , Nov 5, 2007

  3. Paul

    Guest

    On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 07:35:43 +0900, Paul <> wrote:
    > Is there a way of sending a cell-phone text-message from Rails? If so,
    > how?

    You would probably want to use one of the available Ruby libraries for
    sending an SMS message. Here is one example:

    http://www.lukeredpath.co.uk/2007/8/29/sending-sms-messages-from-your-rails-application

    While sending SMS messages is not Rails-specific functionality, you may
    get better information on how to integrate such a Ruby library with your
    Rails application by asking on the rails mailing list instead of the
    general Ruby one.

    -mental

    , Nov 5, 2007
  4. Paul wrote:
    > Is there a way of sending a cell-phone text-message from Rails? If so,
    > how?
    > Thanks,
    > Paul Davidowitz

    There sure is. 37signals has an application called backpack, which
    allows you to send a text to your phone from the rails app at a specific
    time, or after something happens, vice versa, I think you can send
    something to your backpack account (not too sure on this). It's pretty
    cool though. Check it out on the rails forum.

    ~Jeremy

    Jeremy Woertink, Nov 6, 2007