    Possible?

    Thanks for your help.

    , Jan 6, 2005

  2. KC Wong Guest

    > Hi, I don't know if this is possible, but I want to send text from one
    > program (not necessarily java) to a textbox in a java applet in a
    > browser. Is there a way to do this? I "own" the browser window in my
    > program, so the java applet is somewhat contained in my program.
    >
    > For ex. say I have a stock ticker app that has a text entry box where
    > you type a symbol to get a quote for. I want to be able to enter the
    > symbol programmatically.
    >
    > Possible?

    1. Use Javascript - it can invoke applet's public methods.
    2. Applet can open client and server sockets - as long as it is connecting
    to the server where the applet is downloaded from.
    3. On Win32, you can automate the mouse movements and keystrokes by sending
    window messages.

    Could you state more clearly what you are trying to do?

    KC Wong, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Hal Rosser Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I don't know if this is possible, but I want to send text from one
    > program (not necessarily java) to a textbox in a java applet in a
    > browser. Is there a way to do this? I "own" the browser window in my
    > program, so the java applet is somewhat contained in my program.
    >
    > For ex. say I have a stock ticker app that has a text entry box where
    > you type a symbol to get a quote for. I want to be able to enter the
    > symbol programmatically.

    let javascript write out the tags and parameter tags for the applet
    then have the applet acces the params

    Hal Rosser, Jan 7, 2005

    Ok... there's an applet online, that is pretty useful for me at work,
    but manually typing in data is to slow. I want the program I use at to
    automatically send text to this applet. I have a container program
    that loads the applet into a webbrowser object in Visual Basic.... so I
    have control over the browser the applet runs in. Just need to have my
    container program send text to the applet.

    Make sense? If not, I'll try to explain better... its early in the
    morning and may not be thinking clearly.

    , Jan 7, 2005
  5. Andrew Thompson, Jan 8, 2005

  7. On 11 Jan 2005 08:05:26 -0800, wrote:

    Please quote a *little* of the earlier conversation to give new
    messages a context. The post to which this is a reply may have
    already disappeared from some servers..

    > http://www.prophet.net/analyze/javacharts.jsp?symbol=INTC

    ...hmm, OK. Once you 'Detach' the applet from the browser, you
    can send it to full screen thereafter predict where the input areas are.

    If you can use the Win equivalent of Robot your might be able to
    control the mouse programmatically & ensure the correct component
    is focused or clicked on.

    Beyond that, I'm not sure..

    --
    Andrew Thompson