Sending data to Java

crjensen

Hi, I don't know if this is possible, but I want to send text from one
program (not necessarily java) to a textbox in a java applet in a
browser. Is there a way to do this? I "own" the browser window in my
program, so the java applet is somewhat contained in my program.

For ex. say I have a stock ticker app that has a text entry box where
you type a symbol to get a quote for. I want to be able to enter the
symbol programmatically.

Possible?

Thanks for your help.

KC Wong

Hi, I don't know if this is possible, but I want to send text from one
program (not necessarily java) to a textbox in a java applet in a
browser. Is there a way to do this? I "own" the browser window in my
program, so the java applet is somewhat contained in my program.

For ex. say I have a stock ticker app that has a text entry box where
you type a symbol to get a quote for. I want to be able to enter the
symbol programmatically.

Possible?

1. Use Javascript - it can invoke applet's public methods.
2. Applet can open client and server sockets - as long as it is connecting
to the server where the applet is downloaded from.
3. On Win32, you can automate the mouse movements and keystrokes by sending
window messages.

Could you state more clearly what you are trying to do?

Hal Rosser

Hi, I don't know if this is possible, but I want to send text from one
program (not necessarily java) to a textbox in a java applet in a
browser. Is there a way to do this? I "own" the browser window in my
program, so the java applet is somewhat contained in my program.

For ex. say I have a stock ticker app that has a text entry box where
you type a symbol to get a quote for. I want to be able to enter the
symbol programmatically.

let javascript write out the tags and parameter tags for the applet
then have the applet acces the params

crjensen

Ok... there's an applet online, that is pretty useful for me at work,
but manually typing in data is to slow. I want the program I use at to
automatically send text to this applet. I have a container program
that loads the applet into a webbrowser object in Visual Basic.... so I
have control over the browser the applet runs in. Just need to have my
container program send text to the applet.

Make sense? If not, I'll try to explain better... its early in the
morning and may not be thinking clearly.

Andrew Thompson

On 11 Jan 2005 08:05:26 -0800, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

Please quote a *little* of the earlier conversation to give new
messages a context. The post to which this is a reply may have
already disappeared from some servers..

...hmm, OK. Once you 'Detach' the applet from the browser, you
can send it to full screen thereafter predict where the input areas are.

If you can use the Win equivalent of Robot your might be able to
control the mouse programmatically & ensure the correct component
is focused or clicked on.

Beyond that, I'm not sure..