Sending data with web services

Jim

Hi

I am a newbie with web services, when you want to actually send data with
web services (instead of downloading data from the server side) what is the
way to go about?

ch Jim

Dan Rogers

Hi Jim,

Sending data (AKA pasing parameters) is an intrinsic part of method design.
Most methods take some form of input and produce some form of output.
This is all data.

So with web services, you make the input parameters the proper data type -
a strongly typed interface - and then the requesting party passes that data
at the time they make a request.

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation

Jim

are you saying that they have to call the webservice on my web server? i
have to pass the data right not the requesting party?
ch Jim