Sending e-mail using a Simple MAPI client from .NET

Nick Gilbert

Hi,

I'm writing a Windows Forms application in .NET and I need to send an
e-mail from it. As it's NOT asp.net, I don't have access to an SMTP
server so I will have to send the e-mail using Simple MAPI.

I can't seem to find a way of doing this in .NET as it seems .NET has no
MAPI support (amazingly!).

How can I reliably send an e-mail from a Windows Forms app from .NET?
Preferably it should work regardless of the e-mail client (Outlook,
Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Eudora etc) as I obviously won't know
which email client they're using...

If anybody has some sample code or knows of any online articles that
cover this which I haven't been able to find, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Nick...

Elton Wang

Hi Nick,

You may try to wrap CDO, a COM, into .NET to perform your
task.

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)