Sending email attachment using Java through Outlook Express

param

Hi

Can anyone suggest how we can interface Outlook Express with java in
order to send email?

I want to add 'Email Friend' link in my project, on clicking on this
link Outlook Express should open with a specified file attached.

I searched on net also, but I am getting only JOC everywhere which is
not freeware.

Please suggest me on the same that how it can be done?

Thanks
Param

Mark Jeffcoat

param said:
Can anyone suggest how we can interface Outlook Express with java in
order to send email?

I want to add 'Email Friend' link in my project, on clicking on this
link Outlook Express should open with a specified file attached.

I searched on net also, but I am getting only JOC everywhere which is
not freeware.

Please suggest me on the same that how it can be done?

If your end goal is an Outlook Express interface, I
can't help. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no free
solution at all; that's the sort of thing I'd expect
to have to pay for.

If you just want to send an email with a bit of text
plus an attachment, I suggest the JavaMail API:

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/

There are a couple of tutorial-style write-ups that
go over creating an email with an attachement, but
in brief (very brief), you can use the JavaMail API
to create a MimeMessage, whose content is a MimeMultipart,
and add your attachments as MimeBodyParts, and hand
the whole thing over to javax.mail.Transport. Viola.

mearvk

I'd try to see if you can run Outlook Express via Runtime.exec and
*hopefully* there are some parameters you can use in this call.

For instance (pseudo-code):

Runtime.exec("iexplore.exe -k google.com");

would give you a new full-screen IE window pointed at google.com.

Luck,

mearvk