Sending email from a webpage

Marty

Hi,

I have a web based asp.net application that iterates through a bunch of
email addresses that are stored in a database and sends email to them.
Now I know this is not ideal (or even the correct way to do this -- a
service would be better) however at present I am left working with what I
have.

I am attempting to send a mailshot of 2008 emails.
I tried this from a webserver within the corporate LAN and it worked,
although it took about 10 minutes to loop through all of the records.
The point is that it worked.

I then accessed the same server from OUTSIDE the corporate LAN and attempted
to do the same test (2008 emails again.)
This failed after about 4 minutes with the message

10060 - Connection timeout
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

I have taken the following steps

I have set the session timeout in IIS to 1 hour.
I have set the script timeout in IIS to I hour.

I have set the timeout of the oledb "command" object to 1 hour in my code.
I can NOT set the timeout of the oledb "connection" object as this setting
is read only.

Can anybody tell me if there is anything else that I can do in the short
term before I rewrite the web application to send email the correct way (via
a service)
..
cheers

martin.

Martin

Thanks a lot for this robbie,

one again eegHeadCafe comes to the rescue..

cheers

martin.