Sending email from ASP.NET application.

levon

I'm trying to decide on how to send email from my asp.net web application.
I know that I am able to do it with System.Web.Mail with this code:

private void sendEmail()

{

MailMessage objMM = new MailMessage();

objMM.To = "(e-mail address removed)";

objMM.From = "(e-mail address removed)";

objMM.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Text;

objMM.Priority = MailPriority.Normal;

objMM.Subject = "blah";

objMM.Body = "blah";

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost";

SmtpMail.Send(objMM);

}

However I don't know how efficient this code is. How much strain does it
put on my application?

Also I've been looking on the net, there are whole applications dedicated to
emailing. Right now I'm looking at DotNetOpenMail, open source solution.

So I guess my other question is, should I be bothering with third party
software projects (because it might be better) or stick to solution above?

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Levon depending on what you want to do and the resources you have.
But theis approach is good too.
Patrick