sending fax throught a .net web application

Amol

Hi ,
I am developing a web application.I need an interface in my application
which will allow the user to send the fax domestic /international.I
dont want to use 3rd party tool /service .Does anybody have idea how to
achieve this functonality.

Regards

amol

Amol

Hi Prasanna ,
both the links you provided are not working .Can u provide alternate
links.

Thanx
amol

Guest

Amol,

it works for me.

i have copty pasted the content of that article, for your reference.

Sending Fax From ASP Page

Sending Fax From ASP Page

this articles explain how to send fax from ASP page
u need faxcom.dll to creat an instance fro Faxserver.

1) First Create an intance for FaxServer
Set FaxServer = CreateObject("FaxServer.FaxServer")

2) Specify the Fax Machine
FaxServer.Connect ("\\" & FaxMachine)

3)Select the input document you want to send as Fax
Set FaxDoc = FaxServer.CreateDocument(FileName)

4) Specify Fax Number
FaxDoc.FaxNumber = FaxNumber

5) Send Fax
FaxDoc.Send

6) Initialize to nothig
Set FaxDoc = Nothing
Set FaxServer = Nothing

Regards,
Augustin
http://augustinprasanna.blogspot.com

Amol

hi prasanna ,
Thanx for the code . May be the sites are blocked over here.

Regards
amol

Amol

Hi Prasanna ,
where do i get the FAXCOMEXLib.dll .I have searched a lot on net
..Please help me

regards
amol

Juan T. Llibre

re:
this articles explain how to send fax from ASP page
u need faxcom.dll to creat an instance fro Faxserver.

That article refers to a "Classic ASP" page, not to an ASP.NET page.

You might be able to create a Runtime Callable Wrapper (RCW) to encapsulate faxcom.dll's
functions and methods, so the .Net Framework can understand them (or use tlbimp.exe to
import faxcom.dll's functions and methods into a .Net assembly) but you can't use an
unmanaged dll in an ASP.NET page by referencing it directly.

gerry

it is installed as part of the microsoft fax service

it was suggested elsewhere that a wrapper would be required,
we use this from a web service simply by referencing the .dll
i'm not sure why a web service would be any different than a web page in
this respect - you will have to try it and see.

using FAXCOMEXLib;

FaxServer faxsrv = null;
try
{
faxsrv = new FaxServerClass();
faxsrv.Connect( "" ); // localhost
FaxDocument faxdoc = new FaxDocumentClass();
faxdoc.Body = filename;
faxdoc.DocumentName = "Fax Transmission";
faxdoc.Recipients.Add( faxnumber , "Recipient" );
System.Array JobIDs = (System.Array)faxdoc.ConnectedSubmit( faxsrv );
}
finally
{
if ( faxsrv != null )
{
faxsrv.Disconnect();

Gerry

Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, I've had similar problems with this library in the past (now long solved, thank the heavens), and I came across this page of common faxcomexlib problems, including .NET issues. It might be of help to you.

Hope it helps
Frances