    form variables from my upper frame to my lower frame refreshing the
    lower frame page

    thanks
    Wee Bubba, May 10, 2004

  2. Complications like this are why you should try to avoid frames.
    Usually you can structure your program better by segmenting sections of your
    page into user controls.
    If you must keep the frames you can use some client side javascript to
    handle the situation. Here are some examples:

    parent.FRAMENAME.document.form1.myhiddentextbox.value='test';
    parent.FRAMENAME.location.reload(true);

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 10, 2004

  3. Wee Bubba

    Wee Bubba Guest

    > Usually you can structure your program better by segmenting sections
    of your page into user controls

    i want my users to do data entry without having to wait whilst the
    data is redisplayed each time. this is why i thought of using frames.
    if i use user controls instead would there be a sacrifice in terms of
    speed over the web.
    i.e. i do not wanty my users to have to wait after submitting each
    form as they will have lots of data entry to do

    thanks for any more advice
    Wee Bubba, May 11, 2004