sending greek from a textbox

interuser

Hi I have a web app that has a webpage on which there is a textbox and
a submit button.
if I type greek and press submit, the greek does not go through to the
webserver. If I type greek and english, only the english go through.
How can I make the greek go through?

for example if i type "here is greek xxxxxx end of greek" (where
xxxxxx are some greek chars) I get the following on the webserver (by
looking at it from the debugger) : "here is greek end of greek"

The codebehind has the directive :

Codebehind="ToMyAccounts.aspx.vb" responseEncoding="iso-8859-7"
Inherits="myapp.ToMyAccounts" %>

iso-8859-7 is greek.

An help?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Have you tried setting it to use unicode?
Here's more info on the subject:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/cpguide/html/cpconencodingbasetypes.asp

Also, you might adjust the Globalization section of your web.config.
Try changing it to something more like this:

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>